Top tips for investing in your personal development
At Passion For Performance, we truly believe in encouraging you to invest in your personal development. Goal setting and placing focus on your own career path in the workplace is the key to your own personal development.
So many clients don’t know where to start when doing this, they struggle with what content to put into the plan and are sometimes confused on where to start.
Here at Passion For Performance we can help. With our top tips on how you can achieve your personal development goals, we can help you become a great manager or leader in your workplace.
Create your personal development goals
· Focus on the end goal first – to create your development plan start with your end goal of where you want to be
· Consider the steps you need to take to get there, this might include taking on more responsibilities or undertaking a leadership course to help you meet your goals
· Set time frames for what you want to achieve and when
· Include at every stage what type of support you need and when you need it
· Define what you want to achieve at every step
· Keep your personal development plan on a page
· Make it visual, it will keep you motivated and fully engaged on your end goal
· Most importantly, celebrate success at every step. Each step you take gets you to your end personal development goal
There are some great templates available to help you make a start on creating your personal development plan.
We recommend using a template such as the CMI (Chartered Management Institute) available here.
We hope these tips help you create your personal development plan. We offer 1-2-1 coaching, personal development planning and run bespoke workshops, to help develop and discuss your plan. If you want more information on our services, come and say hi by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you like this blog, you may find last month’s blog on tips to motivate yourself and team useful click this link.
Connect with us on Linked In: Passion for Performance